Saturday, January 9, 2010

Reese’s CRAZY arrival…




It was the morning of Monday, December 28th
2:30am: I wake up with what I think is a contraction but try to ignore it and go back to sleep. A few minutes later I have another contraction that wakes me up so I just got up. I tried to take a bath thinking it would help but it didn’t.
3:30am: After my bath I go to the living room and try to watch tv and make something to eat. My contractions are getting closer together at this point 5-15 minuets apart. I keep thinking in my mind that I am going to try and wait until 6 or 7 to wake Ryan up…
4am: I can’t wait any more, I wake Ryan up. I ask if I can call my mom, and do
4:30am: Mom gets to the house. We discuss the fact that most of my contractions are back contractions and may not be “real.” Contractions continue along with some other “fun” side effects. I want to try and just wait until 8 when the doctors’ office opens and just go there.
6:45am: I say that we need to go to the hospital. Mom and Ry load the car and we get going. My contractions slow down.
7:00am: We arrive at the hospital
7:20am: I am admitted, the nurse checks me and I am at 5cm.
7:50am: Blood is taken so that I can get pain meds, results will take 20 mins. My water breaks somewhere in here and my contractions are coming closer and closer.
8:10am: My blood work should be back, the nurse checks me again. I am at 10cm. I ask “Am I getting my epidural?” she says “No, you are getting a baby”
8:23am: Reese arrives

No comments:

Post a Comment