Thursday, November 19, 2009

Official Christmas Tree Decoration Weekend

Yes, I know, once again I am behind but this post has no pics and it needs to be said...
This weekend is OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATION WEEKEND!!! And why is it official, you may ask, becuase I said so. And because I have decided that this week is OCTDW there need to be rules so here we go...
Rules
1. OCTDW shall the the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving, not after. I am excited for any of you who have family that is close enough goegraphically and/or emotionally to get Thanksgiving done on Thursday, thus having all weekend to decorate. That is not the case for most people :-)
2. You may begin as soon as you get off work on Friday, whatever time that may be. If you don't work on Fridays, start as soon as you get up.
3. As soon as husband have done all the unloading of the attic, heavy lifting and locating of hammers, nails, tacks etc, they should make themselves scarse.... Especially if they have to make comments like:
"Why do you decorate so much for a house that no one comes to?"
or
"She is not even born yet, why does she need a Christmas tree?"
4. Although they should be out of your hair, husbands should be on call for trips to Hobby Lobby or WalMart. And, they do have what we sent you for, ASK!
5. At least one of the following must be consumed: Starbucks, Shipleys, a Sonic drink or pizza
6. Any LARGE project that you have already taken on MUST be completed before you can start your decorations.... Mom....
There are a couple exemptions though...
1. Prep work may be done before. Ie getting thing out, cleaning and organizing
2. You have something new you have some thing new that you need to "figure out" Where am I a going to put that tree I bought last year at 90% off?
3. Reality Check: No outside decorations may be put up until AFTER Thanksgiving. Hubby can start hanging lights but none of those huge blow up things!
4. You are pregnant or have very small children. Put your decorations up whenever you feel like it, if that is October or December 23rd .
I hope this helps, happy decorating!
Please note that my blog will not change to Christmas until AFTER Thanksgiving... probably

No comments:

Post a Comment